Tieline Bridge-IT XTRA
Rackmount Bridge-IT Codec
The 1RU Tieline Bridge-IT XTRA is a cost effective, high-performance, point-to- point and multi-point stereo IP audio codec with all the features of the Bridge-IT IP codec and more!
Bridge-IT XTRA includes dual power supplies, front and rear panel stereo headphone sockets, 4 GPIO in/outs and aptX® Enhanced as standard. It also includes SD/SDHC card audio backup.
IP Audio Applications
Bridge-IT XTRA is capable of transporting audio streams reliably, simply and effectively over IP data networks such as wired and wireless LANs, WANs, the internet, satellite IP, Wi-MAX and Wi-Fi. It is perfect for:
- Studio-to-Transmitter Link (STL) applications
- Studio-to-Studio Links
- IP Multi-unicasting
- IP multicasting on compatible IP networks
- Simple remote broadcast links
Affordable IP Audio
Bridge-IT XTRA is inexpensive and allows broadcasters to expand their IP network at a fraction of the cost of competing IP codecs without compromising on broadcast quality features. Unlike most low cost IP audio codecs, Bridge-IT XTRA has all the broadcast input connectors you would expect on a full-featured codec. Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs are provided on XLR connectors and it includes front and rear panel ¼” (6.35mm) stereo headphone outputs.
Compare Bridge-IT XTRA’s superior programming functionality and simple user interface with other low cost 1RU codecs. Bridge-IT XTRA features a full hardware front panel interface including navigation buttons, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad. It can also be configured and controlled remotely using the Toolbox web-GUI interface.
Multicast stereo audio over compatible networks to unlimited end-points, or send up to 6 stereo multi-unicast audio streams over WANs like the internet.
Bridge-IT XTRA comes with 16 or 24bit, 48kHz linear audio for crystal clear, low-latency uncompressed sound. Standard broadcast algorithms available include:
- AAC-LC and AAC-HE v.1 and v.2
- AAC-LD, AAC-ELD
- aptX® Enhanced
- MPEG Layer 2
- Tieline Music (15kHz)
- Tieline MusicPLUS (22kHz) which delivers stereo audio with 20 ms encode delay at 96Kbps, offering huge savings on your data bills.
- G.711 (u-law and a-law) G.722
- MP3 playback from an SD/SDHC card
Bridge-IT XTRA will connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec brand with industry standard algorithms like Opus, AAC-LC, AAC-HE, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, MPEG Layer 2, G.711 & G.722. Bridge-IT XTRA is also EBU N/ACIP Tech 3326 compatible using SIP for connecting to other codec brands and devices. It is also internet/satellite streaming and HD radio compatible.
Insert an SD/SDHC card with MP3 or linear backup audio and Bridge-IT XTRA will automatically play out the audio if your IP service fails.
4 control inputs and outputs (DB-15) are provided and the ToolBox web-GUI enables custom control of relay functionality and ancillary RS232 data connections.
- Suitable for point-to-point and multi-point IP connections over IP networks including WANs like the internet.
- EBU N/ACIP Tech compatibility over IP
- Linear audio with a suite of high quality broadcast algorithms as standard, including Opus, aptX® Enhanced, AAC-LC, AAC-HE v. and AAC-HE v., AAC-LD, AAC-ELD
- Tieline's loss-tolerant MusicPLUS algorithm provides up to kHz stereo audio quality with ms coding delay at bit rates as low as kbps - making it ideal for today's IP and G networks.
- Tieline Music can deliver up to kHz FM quality mono audio at bit-rates as low as Kbps, with only milliseconds encoding delay.
- G.711 (u-law and a-law) G.722, MPEG Layer 2, MP3 playback from an SD/SDHC card
- SmartStream IP software automatically manages jitter buffering, forward error correction and packet repair.
- Full hardware front panel interface including navigation, LCD display, PPM metering and dialing key pad.
- Web GUI for programming codec functionality and RS data connections.
- Broadcast quality analog XLR inputs/outputs.
- XLR digital AES/EBU input/output.
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU audio outputs.
- Onboard SDHC card slot for automatic audio failover.
- ¼” (mm) stereo headphone output on front and rear panels.
- Dual redundant IEC power sockets.
- relay inputs and opto-isolated outputs plus RS- for local and remote control of equipment at either end of your codec link.
- USB slave connection for codec configuration.
- Point-to-point bidirectional mono or stereo IP audio.
- The ability to send up to stereo multi-unicast connections over LANs and WANs like the internet.
- Multicasting to unlimited numbers of codecs across compatible IP networks.
- High quality low-delay linear audio.
- Wide selection of low delay, high quality algorithms.
- EBU N/ACIP Tech compatibility over IP and can connect to any SIP-enabled IP codec.
- Simultaneous analog and digital AES/EBU outputs.
- Automatic SD/SDHC card backup for connection fail over.
- Web-GUI for remote control and configuration.
- Tieline’s SmartStream technology for maintaining reliable IP streaming.
- Input/Output Specifications
- Analog Audio Inputs:2 x Female XLR (Channel 1 mic/line; channel 2 line only)
- Analog Audio Outputs:2 x Male XLR
- AES3 In:1 x female XLR (Channel 1 in; shared with Ch1 analog input)
- AES3 Out:1 x male XLR
- Headphones:1 x 6.35mm (1/4") Jack on rear and front panels (Drives one output)
- Control Port In/Out:Four relay inputs and four opto-isolated outputs for machine control via a DB15 connector
- Audio Input Impedance:High Impedance > 5K ohm
- Output Impedance:<50 ohm Balanced
- Clipping Level:+22dBu (input and outputs)
- 24 bit A/D & D/A Converters
- Frequency Response:20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion:<0.0039% at +16dBu, or -88dBu unweighted
- Signal To Noise Ratio:>90dB at +22dBu, unweighted
- Sample Frequencies
- IP Sample Frequencies:8kHz (G.711), 16kHz (G.722), 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- IP:Opus, Tieline Music, Tieline MusicPLUS, G.711, G.722, MPEG Layer 2, AAC-LD, AAC-ELD, AAC-LC, AAC-HE, AAC-HEv2, 16/24 bit Enhanced apt-X, MP3 Playback
- Linear PCM16/24 bit (uncompressed)
- Data and Control Interfaces
- USB:USB 2.0 (Type B) host port on the rear panel
- LAN:10/100 base T RJ45 connector
- Serial:RS232 up to 115kbps with or without CTS/RTS flow control via female DB9 connector, can be used as a proprietary data channel
- Front Panel Interfaces
- Display:128 x 64 monochrome LCD
- SD/SDHC Card Slot:Supports SDHC Flash Cards
- Keypad:20 button keypad
- Navigation:5 button keypad
- Dimensions:19” x 1.75” x 6.42” [482mm (W) x 44mm (H) x 163mm (D) including rear connectors]
- Weight:3lb 8oz/1.6Kg
- Power Consumption:~12W one PSU, ~18W both PSU at 240VAC dual IEC Power Inlets
- Operating Temperature:0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Humidity Operating Range:20% ≤RH ≤70% (0 to 35°C), non-condensing
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)