Telos Zephyr iPort PLUS
Zephyr iPort is a Livewire-to-MPEG gateway that enables transport of multiple channels of stereo audio across any QoS-enabled IP network, including T1 and T3 connections and private WANs with MPLS – perfect for large-scale distribution of audio to single or multiple locations.
Zephyr iPort is the workhorse of codecs, configurable as eight stereo bi-directional MPEG codecs, or for encode / decode of up to 16 uni-directional stereo streams. Zephyr iPort connects to Axia IP-Audio networks using a single CAT-6 cable for all I/O. Don’t have a Livewire network yet? Pair Zephyr iPort with Axia xNode audio interfaces for use as a standalone multiple-stream codec.
Coding algorithms include AAC, AAC-LD, HE-AAC (plus v2), MP2, MP3, linear, and optional aptX® Enhanced*. Bit rates range from 24 to 320 kbps for MPEG codecs, plus standard fixed rates for aptX and linear to over 2 Mbps. In addition, iPort offers dual, parallel-path end-to-end streaming for ultra-reliability and redundancy. For network operators, a unique Time Zone Delay feature allows independent delay of any or all coded audio channels for up to six hours.
iPort Time Zone Delay Upgrade Kit
The Zephyr iPort PLUS has proved itself as a broadcast solution for many years. This field upgrade kit allows the iPort to delay the playout of material for one, two, or several hours facilitating its use over different time zones. Interested in upgrading your iPort?
- Distributes multiple channels of coded audio between broadcast facilities over QoS-enabled IP links.
- Configurable as a CODEC with 8 bi-directional MPEG-coded channels, each with GPIO and PAD — or, as a 16-channel stereo encoder (by adding aptX and/or Linear PCM-coded channels) or 16-channel stereo decoder.
- PCM Stereo coded channels are available for use simultaneously alongside MPEG coded channels, (dependent upon available bandwidth).
- Can also deliver streaming audio channels for Internet transmission via SHOUTcast, Steamcast or compatible stream replication server.
- Wide choice of genuine Fraunhofer codecs, including Standard AAC, high-efficiency AAC-HE (aacPlus), AAC-HEv2, low-delay AAC-LD, and MP3, with a choice of bit rates from 24 kbps to 320 kbps, definable per stream.
- Optional aptX® Enhanced audio coding may be ordered at time of purchase or added later, as desired.
- When used as part of a Livewire network, allows audio from remote facilities to be used as if they were local sources, with associated logic and control.
- Eight 5-input Virtual Mixer (VMIX) channels each allow combining and mixing of up to 5 networked Livewire audio streams on a single channel.
- Eight Virtual Mode (VMODE) channels allow audio to be split into left/right channels, summed L+R, and more, prior to encoding and transmission.
- Content Delay option enables delayed playout of any or all selected receive audio channels, along with time-synchronized ancillary data, for up to six hours. Each playback delay time is independently configurable on a per-channel basis, making Zephyr iPort PLUS ideal for network operators, program distribution networks, or delayed playout of received audio at network-affiliated stations.
- Remote control/configuration via any computer with a standard Web browser.
- Separate LAN and WAN ports help ensure network security.
- Fanless, convection-cooled DSP-powered platform with dual-redundant, auto-switching power supplies for maximum uptime. Power supply modules are field-replaceable in minutes.
- Time Zone Delay upgrade kit allows the iPort to delay the playout of material for one, two, or several hours facilitating its use over different time zones. Interested in upgrading your iPort?
- AES67 Support for increased interoperability available in vMode.
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)
Call for Price