Six-Line Talkshow System
The Telos Hx6 Six-Line Talkshow System
Give your phones an instant upgrade.
Hx6 is the six-line broadcast phone system that makes your on-air phones sound great, at a price that’s startlingly affordable. An Hx6 in your studio is like an instant audio upgrade for on-air phone calls, whether song requests, morning show phoners, or intensive call-in talk shows. Hx6 works with either POTS or ISDN phone lines, and comes equipped with two advanced telephone hybrids (each with its own independent AGC, noise gate, and caller override dynamics) for high-quality conferencing — the same advanced third generation DSP technology used in the best-selling Telos Hx1 and Hx2 telephone hybrids.
The DSP toolkit in Hx6 is full-featured, to say the least. Telos Digital Dynamic EQ, our renowned adaptive 3-band spectral processor, analyzes and adjusts received audio spectral characteristics so that calls sound smooth and consistent despite today’s wide variety of phone sets and connection types. Adjustable Omnia smart-level AGC with noise gating provides spectrally consistent audio from call to call — even on notoriously tough cellular calls. Caller override allows precision adjustment of the degree to which talent audio “ducks” the caller audio, and feedback reduction functions help eliminate open-speaker howl.
The Telos VSet6 six-line phone controller used with Hx6 is an IP-based phoneset with a large, high-contrast color LCD panel that provides line status and caller information. There’s almost no learning curve; VSet phones work like traditional Telos controllers, with calls selected, held, and dropped in the way to which operators have grown accustomed. Exclusive animated Telos Status Symbol icons show producers and talent at-a-glance line and caller status. If you own Axia AoIP consoles, talent can use on-console controls for faster, more precise phone segments — operators’ eyes never need to leave the console. And for For PC-based call screening, Hx6 comes complete with XScreen Lite from Broadcast Bionics.
With all of these capabilities, you’d expect Hx6 to cost twice as much — but it doesn’t. In fact, you can have an Hx6 for about what you’d pay for some other companies’ “premium” systems.
Six-line capacity; works with POTS (analog) phone lines.
Our most advanced digital hybrids, with DSP algorithms optimized for superior performance with today’s wide variety of far-end call types (VoIP, cell, POTS, app-based).
Telos® DDEQ (Digital Dynamic EQ) and adjustable smart-level AGC ensure spectrally consistent audio from call to call — even on notoriously tough cellular calls.
Excellent trans-hybrid loss of >55dB.
Smooth, proven, symmetrical wide-range AGC by the audio processing experts at Omnia®.
Studio adaptation and a subtle, inaudible pitch shifter to prevent feedback in open-speaker studio environments.
A sophisticated caller override that improves performance and allows precision adjustment of the degree to which talent audio “ducks” the caller audio.
Striking Telos VSet6 six-line phone controllers with large, colorful VGA LCD displays that provide intuitive operation and setup. Telos-exclusive Status Symbols provide producers and talent with animated, high-contrast icons that communicate line and caller status at a glance.
Caller ID displayed on the VSet6 phoneset and the included XScreen call-screening application.
Livewire IP-Audio allows fast, one-cable integration with Axia networks, and provides Axia board operators with seamless, on-console control of multiple lines and hybrids. Standard Ethernet backbone provides a common transport path for both studio audio and telecom needs, resulting in cost savings and a simplified studio infrastructure.
Choice of standard Analog I/O or optional, extra-cost AES/EBU I/O.
Easy setup and configuration via Ethernet using any PC and your favorite Web browser.
XScreen call-screening software from Broadcast Bionics, provided at no cost.
- Telos 3rd-generation Adaptive Digital Hybrids
- Telos Exclusive Feedback Reduction Functions
- Send-to-Caller Processing: High-pass Filter, Frequency Shifter, AGC/Limiter, Program-on-Hold AGC/Limiter, Sample Rate Conversion (with AES option)
- Receive-From-Caller Processing: High-pass “Hum” Filter, Smart AGC / Platform Leveler, Noise Gate, Telos DDEQ (Digital Dynamic Equalization) 3-band Adaptive Spectral Processor, Sample Rate Conversion (with AES option)
- Send Analog Inputs: 2x
- Program-on-Hold Analog Inputs: 1x
- Connector: XLR Female, Pin 2 High (Active Balanced with Protection)
- Input Level: Adjustable from -7 to +8 dBu (nominal)
- Analog Clip Point: +21 dBu
- Impedance: Bridging, > 10K Ohms
- Analog-to-Digital Converter Resolution: 20 bits
- Receive Analog Outputs: 2x
- Connector: XLR Male, Pin 3 High
- Output Level: Adjustable from -7 to +8 dBu (nominal)
- Impedance: <50 ohms
- Digital-to-Analog Converter Resolution: 24 bits
- Headroom Before Clipping: 20 dB headroom above 4dBU nominal levels
Switch Matrix and Conferencing
- Audio Routing and Switch: All Digital
- Telephone Lines: 6
- Hybrids: 2
- Studio Inputs: 2
- Studio Outputs: 2
- Program-on-Hold: 1
- Web server for configuration and software update
- Telnet for command line control and diagnostics
- Call Screening Interface server allows up to 8 instances of call-screening software to connect simultaneously
General purpose Input/Output
- 2x 15-pin D-sub with status outputs and control inputs
- Up to 12 attached controllers (any mix of VSet6 phones, Console Controllers or screening software) via Ethernet connection
- Type: Internal auto-ranging, 85–250 VAC auto-switching, 50–60 Hz
- Power consumption: 14.2 Watts
Analog Telephone Connectivity
- Universal interface for worldwide application
- Programmable loop current
- Programmable ring and disconnect signaling (loop drop or tone)
- Programmable Flash time
- Caller ID decoding using Bellcore 212 modem standard
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)