VA16X is another Solidyne important contribution to broadcasting quality. A revolutionary digital measurement system. Never before have been possible to such complete information about the behavior of an FM radio station. And what’s more important: you obtains data from its Radio continuously, without stopping the transmission to make “technical adjustments”. And your audience never become aware that you are taking measurements and engineering controls.
The audio quality, power and reach of the radio are monitored 24 hours a day.
From your office in the Radio studios, or at the PC of your own home.
It also checks the efficiency of your operators and engineers.
The system installs in a minute, without opening the PC, it connects via USB or RS232 port. Operates simultaneously with normal office software(under Windows 2000/XP/Win7) Using DSP processing and advanced technologies, the VA16X provides detailed information about themodulation, noise, channel separation, field strength, and so on. Evenparameters that you could never get (but the ears of your listeners hear) are now measured with the VA16X. For example, the Stereo PhaseVector, frequency response, noise, audio distortion, or the efficiency of your processing chain (RF Power). All available on the PC screen.
Data can be stored for months only to be printed in color. It is also possible monitoring remote radio stations with VA16X, from any place of the world.
- Level measurement of RDS subcarrier at 57 kHz
- Measurement of frequency error of RDS subcarrier
- Balanced outputs using stereo audio decoder for ultra-low 0,01 % distortion
- High quality audio 20-15.000 Hz for reference monitors
- MPX Output for external analyzers or relay broadcast
- MPX input for testing and monitoring of audio processors
- Measurement of the average modulation level of audio processors testing
- Measure a one hour integration of the total radiated power for audio processors
- Graphic curve of daily total radiated power simulated from the MPX out of processor
- Modulation level at instantaneous peak or 4 time constants set by the user
- More digital processing power; Spectrum graphics 10 times faster
- Option for adding a module for full testing of RDS parameters
- Headphone output with level control
1 - FM DIGITAL PLL RECEIVER
- Frecuency Range:87.5 - 108 mHz.
- FM Channels:in 50 kHz steps.
- Preset FM Stations:16 Preset Memories, including Name (9 letters).
- Front End:Dual Gate MOSFET.
- Image Rejection:50 dB.
- If Rejection:80 dB.
- Sensibility:20 uV for -50 dB noise >60 dB/uV full precision measures.
- Noise:S/N ratio > 75 dBA
- If Bandwidth:300 khz, audio 10 khz Bandwidth and Spectrum modes
- Freq Response:20-15 khz, +/- 1 dB.
- Audio Out:Stereo; + 4 dBm, 600-10K.
- Headphone:1/8"stereo, 32-600 ohms.
II - TEST MEASUREMENTS AND DIGITAL PROCESSING
- 1- Modulation:FM Modulation from 0 to 160 %; +/- 2 % (100 % = 75 khz) - Integration: Peak or 2 milliseconds FM deviation peak from 0 to 112 khz - Optional: 0.1% Precision Crystal Calibrator.
- 2- Overmodulation:peaks/minute over 105 %.
- 3- Field Intensity: 30 to 100 dB/uV, +/- 3 dB with antenna Correction Factor.
- 4- Carrier Offset Deviation: Digital Display +/- 9.9 kHz in 0.1 kHz steps. Error < 0.1 khz.
- 5- Stereo Level:-20 to + 5 dB with L+R & L-R Mode, user selected Peak & Average VU measure.
- 6- Stereo Phase:Phase Correlation from 0 to 180 degrees. It indicates the true stereo sensation the audience is hearing. Analog Vectorscope and Digital mode MONO & INVERSE phase meter.
- 7- Radiated Power:Audio Processing Relative Radiated Power, measured from 0 to 5; shows the increase in audio loudness due to the audio processing chain. An unity value means a standard audio compressor (12 dB peak/average ratio).
- 8- Pilot Level:19 kHz pilot level, from 0 to 20 % in 0.1 % steps Error < 0.5 %.
- 9- Pilot Frequency:Frequency offset error from -99 to + 99 Hz Error < 0.5 Hz.
- 10- Multipath Distortion:Relative indication in 5 steps, from BAD to GOOD.
- 11- Noise:L & R noise level; -30 to -75 dBA, +/- 2 dB; 20-10 khz, «A» weighted Automatic measure storing brief fragments of silent associated with the normal FM program.
- 12- Channel Separation:L-R and R-L separation, from 0 to -50 dBA, +/- 2 dB. Automatic measurement during the brief fragments of music with the normal Pot-Pan effects used in recordings.
- 13- Harmonic Distortion:0.02 % to 5 %. It measures harmonic distortion due to the FM modulation process. Automatic measurement is performed using a patented Modulation Transfer Function.
- 14- Freq Response:30 hz to 15 khz; +/- 1 dB Automatic measurement using 8 spots of 5 sec each, to be aired during night (only one spot each hour is enough). The spots are provided with the VA16 (WAV files).
- 15- Spectrum Analyzer: It measures the frequency spectrum of the FM transmission. Selectable frequency span, from +/- 250 kHz to +/- 1 MHz in 25, 50 and 100 kHz steps. Bandwidth is 10 khz. Measure range = 0 - 50 dB, +/- 3 dB.
- 16- Modulation Bandwidth:Graph of % MOD from zero to +/- 150 kHz User selectable number of samples. BW of measure = 10 kHz
- 17- Scanner:Frequency scan of all the odd FM band channels, from 87.5 to 108 MHz. Field intensity levels shown on screen in five colors Field Intensity from 30 to 100 dBuV +/- 3 dB.
III - TRANSMISSION PERFORMANCE LOG
- 1- Radiated Power:Average Audio Relative Radiated Power during each hour. Last hour is shown on screen. It gives information about the quality of the audio processing chain and the average coverage area of the Radio.
- 2- Max Modulation:The peak value of modulation is stored each hour. Last hour is shown on screen.
- 3- 3 Sec Silence Alarm: If a silence of 3 sec or more is produced (program gap), this event is stored.It can be retrive the number of gaps/hour. Last hour shown on screen.
- 4- Reverse Phase Alarm:Each time a spot, commercial, musical tune, etc, is aired with its stereo phase reversed, the event is stored. Last hour is shown on screen.
- 5- L&r Level:Left & Right average audio levels are recorded each hour.
- 6- Stereo Phase:Audio phase correlation is averaged and recorded each hour. It gives information about the average stereo quality sensation of the broadcast.
- 7- Full Day Log:Complete 24 hours printed log including all of the above plus Field Intensity, Channel Separation, Noise Level, Pilot Level and Pilot Frequency offset error.
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)
€364 – €3,012