Solidyne DX816 12 channels digital On-Air console with AoIP option
The DX816 console marks a milestone at global technology for new radio studios with limited budgets. This new model advantageously replaces the previous model D816 sold in 65 countries.
It is the more economical digital console for the master control room of a radio station. It offers digital and analog inputs & outs, covering all the needs of a modern radio in on-air studio, Newsroom or Production.
Faders are conductive ceramic of 15 years duration with ETM-VCA control that prevents the audio pass through movable contacts.
The attenuators are made of ceramic conductive for 15 years and have ETM-VCA control that avoids the possibility of noise. It also includes 3 conference telephone hybrids operated by luminous keypads. One of them operates cell phones by Bluetooth 4.0 wirelessly.
The console has independent stereo outputs for Air and Recordings and 5 monitored channels
In this way you can do two tasks at the same time ..
The 5 microphones (10 in model 822) have a 4-band equalizer switchable to PGM or REC specially designed for the human voice. Your announcers will have that special sound of the big consoles of very high price, which will delight your listeners.
Five dynamic microphones are operated on the DX816 from three attenuators. Or three capacitor MIC with 48V phantom.
The console offers GPIO outputs for MIC and Line.
A Master MIC button on the panel sends all MICs on the air.
A Tally Light that can be seen from all directions tells the speakers that the console is AIR.
The control turret indicates the number of digital channels used, which can reach 8 channels with the two USB inputs / outputs connected.
The bottom part shows the action of the audio compressor that levels the sound of all the microphones.
This exclusive device of the consoles Solidyne allows to level automatically, without using the attenuators, the intensity of sound of each of the speakers ensuring that all of them can be heard in the air in a natural and perfect.
The Solidyne consoles are the only ones in the world to offer the new 15-year Conductive Ceramic attenuator technology.
They are easily recognized by their remarkable softness as they can be moved by supporting a feather …
The attenuators of the DX816 have a construction very different from the conventional attenuators,because they glide smoothly on two steel-silver cylindrical bars with Teflon bushings.
Solidyne’s exclusive ETM-VCA technology means that console audio never goes through
a carbon track and that’s why they last more than 15 years.
- Low budget audio mixer for On-Air studio
- 2 digital stereo USB inputs
- 2 digital stereo USB outputs (PGM & REC)
- 4 analog stereo Line inputs; Bal / Unbal selectable at front panel
- 8 AoIP optional channels (Ethernet LAN)
- Professional illuminated push-buttons
- Four bands microphones equalizer. In-Out selectable
- Audio Compressor for getting the same audio level from five MIC's
- Mini-PBX at TELCO Module, for attention of 3 phone lines
- 3 telephone hybrid; one cellphone with Bluetooth 4.0 (digital link for high audio quality)
- 8 Conductive Ceramic soft touch attenuators of professional quality for 15 years life
- 4 x PGM & REC VU meters. One VU meter for compressor level . USB active channels display
- Technical Specifications
- Audio Inputs:3 balanced MIC inputs (XLR)
- 3 balanced stereo Line inputs (DIN 5)
- 4 unbalanced stereo Line inputs (RCA)
- 2 Digital stereo Line inputs (USB)
- Inputs Level & Impedance:Balanced MIC= -10 dBu/-75 dBu; 150/250 Ohms
- Balanced LINE = -20 dBu/+26 dBu; 600- 10Kohms
- Unbalanced LINE = -15 dBu/+12 dBu; 600- 10Kohms
- Digital: standard USB levels
- Phantom Power:All the MIC inputs have 48 V phantom power supply, switchable ON / OFF
- Analog Outputs:2 bus stereo outputs; PGM & REC, balanced + 4 dBm;
- Max Level +28dBu (10K), +20dBm (600 ohms)
- External Hybrid: unbalanced + 4 dBu
- Digital Input / Output Level:It uses the K-12 recommendation for broadcating; Then, 0 VU is at -12 dB Full Scale level
- ON-AIR Signal:ON-AIR signal output (turns on when MIC is open)
- 12 V CC @ 0,12 amp (two Solidyne On-Air lights)
- Monitor & Hybrid Outputs:1 Stereo Studio, 1 v rms for active speakers, muted
- 1 Stereo Control, 1 v rms for active speakers, muted
- 1 Stereo Studio Headphones, with Distribution AMP up to 8 headphones, + 10 dBu
- 1 Stereo Control Headphones, + 10 dBu
- 1 External Hybrid send (MIX-Minus) +4 dBu / 10K
- CUE Monitor:Internal CUE Monitor Amplifier; 250 mW
- Headroom:24 dB @ LIN to PGM Ref + 4dBu/10 k
- Start External Devices:From MIC-1 & MIC-2
- From Line 5 & 6
- Open collector +24V @ 0,1 A
- Frequency response:20-20.000 Hz +/- 0.5 dB (LIN to PGM)
- MIC Equalizer:Four Bands MIC EQ with In/Out switch; 80 Hz top flat curve, 160 Hz bell shaped, 4 kHz bell shaped, 8 kHz top flat
- Action + 15 dB / -15 dB
- MIC Compressor:Low distortion MIC compressor with In/Out switch. 20 dB max compression. Attack time < 10 ms. Threshold = 0 VU
- Compression ratio: < 2 dB variation for 15 dB change MIC level
- Noise:MIC input, EIN=-120 dBu/150 ohms
- LINE input, S/N > 70 dBA
- Dynamic Range:From Line to PGM > 90 dBA (CD quality)
- Crosstalk:PGM-REC > 65 dBA @ 1 kHz
- Distortion:From LINE to PGM out < 0.03 % THD @30-15.000 Hz.
- Phase:From Line to PGM, < 3º L&R @50-10.000 Hz
- Stereo Tracking:Below 0.2 dB error L/R in fader range 0 to 40 dB
- Telephone Hybrid Specs:3 x active Hybrid (2 land lines + Cellular Phone)
- It includes a mini-PBX with blue LED silent ringer, Line attention with free hands operation, and Line Transfer
- Frequency Response: 300 – 3.400 Hz
- Noise: > 60 dBA S/N
- Rejection: > 40 dB rejection
- Rejection adjust in front panel preset
- Preference atenuator: 12 dB local speaker interrupt priority
- Automatic On-Air logic: Audio & Logic are managed from a single 100mm slide fader that performs all the operations in error-free mode (CUE, private hands free Talk – Hold with Air return – Live On Air)
- Telephone input lightning discharge safety:Telephone Hybrid inputs are transformer floating to meet the Public Telephone service isolation standards. They are protected with SIOV Varistors against soft lightning discharges.
- Talkback Microphone:Included Talkback MIC, with Audio Limiter. Noise Cancelled PZM type. Outputs to Phone Line Hybrid or Studio Speakers & Headphones.
- VU-meters:4 electronic VU-meters por PGM & REC. Cuasi peak reading, with standard yellow VU scale.
- Microphone compressor indicator 0 – 15 dB
- Power:External switching power supply 90-240 V @ 50 / 60 Hz
- Dimensions & Weight:550 x 350 (D) x 130 mm
- Shipment box: 600 x 500 x 180 mm
- Shipment weight: 7 Kg
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)