Omnia VOLT is the latest triumph from the people who brought you the multiple-award-winning Omnia.11, the acclaimed Omnia.9, the power-packed Omnia 7, and the 13,000+ Omnia ONEs currently in service. VOLT gives you more sonic performance and processing power in one rack unit than others give you in three. Here’s how:
With VOLT, we have rewritten the rules for broadcast DSP, fine-tuning our algorithms and creating the world’s best-sounding, most powerful and versatile 1RU audio processor. The QuickTweak system helps users get just the sound they want quickly. You can get VOLT on the air in minutes, select presets that have been designed for today’s stations and programming, and create a unique sonic personality with just a few nudges.
VOLT may be the most value-packed audio processor on the market, thanks to its DSP|Core firmware module system. This system means you can re-purpose your VOLT to serve different needs by simply updating firmware. The capability to turn your FM VOLT into an AM unit or into an HD/DAB or SG box comes built into every VOLT, and the fact that each DSP|Core firmware package is FREE is like getting 4 processors in one package. Modules include VOLT FM, VOLT AM, VOLT HD PRO and VOLT SG. Each Core has a feature set that has been fine-tuned for its application, optimizing system DSP to the unique demands of different user applications.
VOLT HD PRO – Purpose built for HD Radio, DRM, DAB, web streams and other compressed media, as well as syndicated program and studio productions. Selectable bandwidths and crossover points, plus our exclusive Sensus algorithms help reduce lossy compression artifacts even at low bitrates. Put it in your syndicated program production chain before the uplink: every episode will be clear, clean, and have a consistency listeners can recognize. Use VOLT HD PRO as a general purpose processor for gain control, limiting and program distribution.
Sensus® Processing for Digital Program Streams - Omnia’s exclusive Sensus algorithms actually predict how HD, DRM, DAB or streaming data reduction will affect your sound. They pre-condition your signal, making digital compression sound better—even at low bitrates, actually reducing the distortion added by psychoacoustic compression schemes.
Switchable bandwidths with eight choices between 4 kHz – 24 kHz. They reconfigure VOLT’s multiband processing frequencies as well as limit high frequencies, to give you the cleanest signal for your distribution medium.
Crossover system is re-tuned for various narrow band options so that all five bands of processing is used within the bandwidth constraints for maximum performance at all bandwidth settings.
Look-ahead wideband limiter in addition to five fully adjustable band limiters, to guard against quick transients that can add distortion.
FM, AM and HD-Pro VOLT processors commonly feature:
Optimized Dynamics Engine and Time Aligned Crossover System designed by Senior Algorithm Developer Cornelius Gould
Six Separate AGC Sections - One wideband, plus five separate time-aligned narrow band sections, each with separate controls for every important parameter. Plus a tunable midband crossover. Give your station the loudness and consistent sound you want!
Five Separate Time-Aligned Limiter Sections - each with separate Drive, Hold, Threshold, and Attack/ Decay controls. They give you protection against over-modulation while maintaining a loud signature sound.
QuickTweak™ Adjustment System - lets you fine-tune your sound like a processing genius. Get exactly the processing you want in minutes, while you’re on the air, right from the front panel or a connected computer or tablet.
Variable Deep Bass, Phat Bass, and Warmth enhancers - Get that meaty Omnia sound, fine-tuned the way you want.
Clipper Silk Adjustment - (FM & AM) If your format is prone to treble distortion, you can add just enough Silk to clean up those high frequencies.
Variable High-Pass and Switchable Phase Rotator - Special processing in VOLT’s input makes sure that ultra- low frequencies, too low to be perceived as bass by listeners, don’t rob you of on-air power.
Totally Flexible Input / Output - Use analog, AES/EBU digital, or Livewire® AoIP inputs; analog, AES/EBU digital, Livewire, or composite outputs (FM & SG only). Adjust channel balance and correct polarity separately on each input. Save and recall input/output setups for different applications. All outputs are always active, regardless of input type.
Switchable Insert Points for Voltair®, Watermark Encoders, or Other Downstream Encoding - Optimize your airchain and eliminate the need for external pre-processing! You can feed encoders with a pre-processed signal from VOLT’s multiband AGC and limiters so your encoder sees a stronger, more reliable signal. Then feed the encoder’s output back into VOLT, for post-encoding clipping that protects you against overmodulation.
Automatic “Failover” signal switching - Designate a backup input to use if your main signal drops out or STL fails. Switch to this source automatically, with adjustable sensitivity, or trigger it as needed.
Graphic User Interface - is easy to navigate, but gives you the deep level of control you need.
Built-in HTML-5 Server - for full control from any modern browser, tablet, or smartphone… without special plug-ins.
Rugged 1RU Construction - fits any control room, technical center, or transmitter shack, with easy-to see LED meters.
Cool Running, Fanless Operation - VOLT can even be used near live mics.
Flexible Pre-Emphasis Switching - makes it easy to fit VOLT into any airchain.
Built-In Tone Generator - provides for quick setup and calibration.
Multiple Selectable Bandwidths for Digital Data Streams - More than simple low-pass filters, HD Pro also modifies the VOLT’s crossover to get the best results for any bitrate.
OMNIA VOLT® SPECIFICATIONS
- Frequency Response:User selection of flat, 50 µs, or 75 µs pre-emphasis curve within ± 0.50 dB, 30 Hz to 15 kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:Audio >95 dB analog, >120 dB digital I/O.
- System Distortion:Less than 0.01% THD, 20 Hz – 7.5 kHz (second harmonic distortion above 7.5 kHz is not audible in the FM system)
- Latency:16ms nominal, +-0.5ms depending on IO selection. Low Latency FM version 10ms
- Input / Output:Composite: Output impedance 75Ω, single-ended and floating over chassis ground. BNC connectors with EMI suppression. Maximum cable 100’ / 30M RG-58U.
- Output level: Separately adjustable for each of two outputs, 0V - 10V in 0.05V steps.
- Pilot Level: Adjustable from 4.0% to 12.0% in 0.1% steps and OFF. Pilot Stability: 19 kHz, ± 0.5 Hz. S/N: -85 dB typical, 75 µS de-emphasized across 15 kHz, at 100% modulation Distortion: < 0.02% THD 20 Hz – 15 kHz, 75 µS de-emphasized @ 100%.
- Stereo Separation: > 65 dB, 30 Hz – 15 kHz. Linear Crosstalk: > -80 dB, main to sub or sub to main channel @ 100%. Non-linear Crosstalk: > -80 dB, main to sub or sub to main @ 100%. 38 kHz Suppression: > 70 dB @ 100%. 76 kHz Suppression: > 80 dB @ 100%. Pilot Protection: > -65 dB relative to 9% pilot injection, ± 1 kHz. 57 kHz (RDS/RBDS) Protection: > -50 dB.
- Analog:Left and Right Stereo on EMI-suppressed XLR-3, balanced with “pin 2 hot.”
- Input: Electronic balanced, impedance 10kΩ, nominal +4 dBu, max +22 dBu.
- Output: Impedance 20Ω for >600Ω load, +4 dBu nominal, +22 dBu peak. Converters: 24 bit, 128x oversampled with linear-phase anti-aliasing filter.
- Crystal Semiconductor CS5361, 24 bit 128x over-sampled delta sigma converter with linear-phase anti-aliasing filter.
- Pre-ADC anti-alias filter, with high-pass filter at <10 Hz.
- Delta sigma converter with linear-phase and anti-aliasing filter.
- Digital:Stereo per AES/EBU standard, 24 bit resolution. Input locks to any rate 32 kHz – 108 kHz. Output locks to input, internal 48 kHz, or separate external AES/EBU “digital black” reference 32 kHz – 96 kHz.
- Audio over IP:Audio and control over IP per Livewire standard, on same RJ-45 used for Ethernet control.
- Remote Control:GPI: EMI suppressed DB-9 at logic levels, +5 V and ground supplied. Ethernet: 10/100BaseTX.
- Ethernet on EMI-suppressed RJ-45. TCP/IP control via HTML-5 internal web server, password protected. Manual addressing and port selection.
- Electrical/Physical:Power: 100 - 250 VAC, 47-63 Hz. < 40 VA. Typical draw 12W RMS, maximum 15W RMS. Internal supply with overvoltage and short circuit protection. Meets EN55022, EN55011 Level B Conducted Emissions. EN61000-4-2, -3, -4, -5, -6 level 3 immunity compliant. Full international safety approval.CE marked. EMI suppressed IEC male connector. Detachable 3-wire power cords supplied for US and European use.
- Temperature: 32° to 122° F / 0° to 50° C for all operating voltage ranges.
- Humidity: 0-95% RH, non-condensing.
- Dimensions: 19” wide x 1.75” high x 16” deep (48.26cm x 13.335 cm x 40.64 cm including connectors. Unit requires one EIA rack space for mounting.
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs. / 5.5 kg
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)