So, is this just another variation of an existing product with new badges and some fancy marketing? Absolutely not. Omnia.9 is based on a completely new platform which is unlike anything ever offered within the Omnia family.
For possibly the first time, there will be no need to compromise a service or a set of services to inferior audio processing and management due to space and/or budget limitations.
But consolidation is only the beginning. Omnia.9 contains breakthrough features which will actually correct over processed source material while—at the same time—allowing for an unprecedented amount of loudness free from distortion and artifacts.
Exclusive “Undo” Technology
“Undo” is a two-step process that restores peaks and dynamic range to – and removes distortion from – source material that has been damaged by over-compression and clipping during the mastering process.
Psychoacoustically Controlled Distortion-Masking Clipper
Omnia.9’s final FM clipper takes into account how the human ear hears and perceives distortion and uses that information to effectively mask it, leaving only clean, distortion-free audio on the air.
Livewire + AES67
For even more flexible I/O
Omnia 9 is the FIRST hardware processor to support this revolutionary codec. Full composite MPX over a 320kbps pipe.
For our customers in France, support for Kantar watermarking.
Every Omnia.9 comes with a “toolbox” that includes loudness metering, a digital oscilloscope, an FFT spectrum analyzer, and real time analyzer (RTA) to help you adjust your processing and “see what you’re hearing”.
With the addition of a calibrated microphone, Omnia.9’s built-in real time analyzer (RTA), pink noise generator, and parametric equalizer can be used to calibrate any speaker system.
Dry Voice Detector
The dry voice detector is a selectable feature that helps eliminate the audible distortion sometimes evident on bare voice (voice with no music mixed under it) when very aggressive processing settings are used.
Omnia.9’s client software allows full remote control of the processor from any Windows-based PC or tablet, including touch screen devices, on the local network. The remote interface looks and functions just like the front panel screen.
A selectable feature that automatically turns off the 19kHz stereo pilot when Omnia.9 detects that the source material is mono, and turns it back on when the input is determined to be stereo, automatically gaining a 20 dB increase in signal to noise during mono programming.
- Multiband downward expansion (source noise reduction)
- 3-stage wideband AGC with adjustable sidechain equalization
- Phase Correction with Mono Bass reduces multipath distortion
- Supports Shoutcast 2 and lossless streaming. Integrated internal stream server
- Shared processing path for AM+HD units (allowing them to share a watermark encoder)
- Program-dependent multiband compression
- Multiband look-ahead limiting
- Selectable phase linear high pass filter, 15, 30 or 45 Hz
- Two-band final look-ahead limiting on digital paths
- 7 inch front panel touch screen
- Full remote control via included NFRemote software with client audio streaming for remote adjustment and monitoring. Also supports full remote control and monitoring via HTTP request
- On-screen keyboard with several layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY, Dvorak and ABC sequential) for easy setup and preset name typing
- Selectable SSB (Single Sideband) stereo encoder
- HTTP push support for automation, such as RDS and streaming song titles, preset recall
- Studio Output with very low latency for talent monitoring
- Dual independent power supplies
- Composite pass-through (relay bypass) for your backup processor, with full analysis tools for external composite signals
- Internal patch point capability so you can optimize placement of your Voltair / PPM® encoder within your audio processing chain.