The Digilyzer DL1 is a powerful digital audio analyzer. Testing, monitoring and troubleshooting digital audio interfaces is straight-forward using this compact tool. The digital audio formats AES3, S/PDIF, TOSLINK and ADAT with sampling frequencies up to 96 kHz are supported.
The Digilyzer analyzes and debugs different parameters within digital audio signals at the same time:
- Interface carrier parameters like level & sample frequency
- Channel Status parameters like professional/consumer mode
- Audio related parameters like audible content and level
The built in integrity check alerts if protocol inconsistencies, which could cause serious troubles, are detected. Digital audio becomes transparent and easy to debug with the integrated speaker, event logging and the audio lens. The Digilyzer shows all these important parameters at one glance.
- Channel Status - The complete channel status information is displayed in an easy-to-understand plain text format, according to the latest standards. Carrier frequency and level is available on nearly every screen.
- Bit Statistics - Measuring the audio resolution, finding stuck-bit failures and monitoring the activity of the user data bit are some important applications of the bit statistics function. Basic channel status information is visible on the bottom line.
- Event Logger - Intermittent faults are usually hard to find. The event logger tracks every change of the input signal (carrier, channel status or audio related) and allows long term checking and highlighting of possible problems.
- Integrity Check - When receiving incorrect Channel Status information the behavior of a device could be unpredictable. The Integrity Check compares measured parameters with the indicated status and warns if any discrepancies are found.
- Audio Monitoring - Beyond all the measurement power, the built in converter & speaker is one of the most important tools of the DL1. Featuring high quality headphone output, automatic gain control and monitoring of analog input signals.
- Scope - The auto trigger and auto ranging scope gives a detailed view of the input audio signal in the time domain. The scope visualizes DC offset problems, polarity issues and is ideal for understanding sampling peculiarities.
- THD+N, Level, Frequency - Beside Level Peak measurements, the DL1 is equipped with RMS measurement techniques including THD+N and high pass filters, allowing easy verification and debugging of dual domain devices like AD converters.
- Frequency Sweep - The DL1 automatically triggers to a sweep sequence with any step width and records the frequency response. Any stepped sweep may be used as signal source. After capture all sweep data is available.
- vu/PPM - The combined vu + PPM meter (vu = volume unit) with numerical maximum hold and over indicators helps identifying leveling problems and clipping. Reference grade performance with up to 40 screen updates per second.
|Frame:||Consumer / Professional, up to 24 bit, Sampling frequency fs = 32 – 96 kHz,|
|Also supports: Interleaved 96 kHz mode on all inputs (single channel double sampling frequency modes)|
|Signal:||Level-FS, level-RMS, signal frequency, THD+N, event logger, frequency sweep, PPM, scope, overload detection, Full-Scale detection|
|Carrier:||Sampling frequency (accuracy ±2.5 ppm), carrier level|
|Frame:||Channel status according to AES 3 (ed. 2003) and IEC 60958-3 (ed. 2003), bit statistics|
|Recording resolution:||selectable 1”, 10”, 1’, 10’, 1h|
|Recording duration:||selectable 8’, 83’, 8h, 83h, 20days|
|Display Δt:||1”, 10”, 1’, 10’, 1h, 10h, 24h, all|
|Recording intervals:||max. 500|
|Single errors in one recording interval:||10 - 36 000|
|Input connectors:||AES 3 (110 Ohm) XLR, S/PDIF (RCA), TOS-Link, ADAT, AES 3id (75 Ohm) using Chinch-BNC adapter, phantom power resistant|
|Monitor:||Built-in speaker, headphone connector|
|Display:||Backlit graphic LCD|
|Power supply:||- 3x AA size dry batteries (alkaline), typical lifetime 8 hours|
|:||- External DC power, 7.5 VDC, 500 mA, stabilized, use NTi Audio recommended parts only|
|Dimensions (L x W x H):||163 x 86 x 42 mm (6.4“ x 3.38“ x 1.63“)|
|Weight:||300 g (10.5 oz) incl. batteries|
|Temperature:||0° to +45° C (32° to 113° F)|
|Humidity:||< 90 % R.H., non condensing|
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)