Inovonics NOVIA 262
Dual-Mode Stereo Processor
The NOVIA 262 Dual-Mode Stereo Audio Processor is a half-rack, digital audio processor for FM and Stereo Audio Production.
With particular stress on ease of installation and use, the NOVIA 262 incorporates intuitive, multi-language menu-driven setup, as well as an IP/browser interface compatible with any PC or mobile device. Multiple factory and user-defined processing presets streamline the setup process. IP connectivity also provides local and email failure alarms, plus support for SNMP operation.
The NOVIA 262 accepts both program line and streaming inputs and allows remote IP audio monitoring.
The 262’s Web interface will allow complete setup and control of the unit from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
- Gated and ‘windowed’ gain-riding AGC
- Unique, adjustable ‘syllabic leveling’
- 3 bands of dynamic compression with selectable crossovers
- 4 sections of parametric EQ plus an effective ‘Bass Punch’ feature
- Independent ‘Density’ and ‘Smooth/Loud’ adjustments
- GPIOs, Web/email/SNMP for controls and alarms
- Built-in real time clock and headphone jack
- Analog, AES-digital, streaming in/outs (no MPX)
- Selectable 20kHz-wideband and FM-specific processing
- A great ‘utility’ processor; ideal ahead of STLs/codecs
- Full function 'responsive' Web interface works on desktop and mobile devices
Frequency Response (processing bypassed)
- Flat mode analog (I/O): 50Hz - 20kHz, ±0.25dB
- Flat mode (digital I/O): 20Hz - 20kHz, ±0.05dB
- FM mode: 50Hz - 15kHz, ±0.25dB; 75μs/50μs
Distortion (processing bypassed)
- Analog I/O: <0.02% THD (ref: +24dBu I/O)
- AES Digital I/O: <0.002% THD (ref: 0dBFS I/O)
Signal-to-Noise (processing bypassed)
- Analog I/O: >105dB (ref: +24dBu I/O)
- AES Digital I/O: 120dB (ref: 0dBFS I/O)
- Analog I/O: >100dB, 20Hz - 20kHz
- AES Digital I/O: >140dB, 20Hz - 20kHz
Program Line Inputs
- Analog: active-balanced (XLR) accepts line levels from –15dBu to +15dBu; +24dBu clipping
- AES Digital: (XLR) accepts line levels between –30dBFS and 0dBFS at sampling rates from 32kHz to 96kHz
- IP Streaming: accepts all Icecast/SHOUTcast MP3, Ogg and AAC streams
Program Line Outputs
- Analog: active-balanced (XLR) delivers –12dBu to +18dBu for 100% modulation; +24dBu clipping, 200Ω source
- AES Digital: balanced (XLR) delivers –30dBFS to 0dBFS at 100% modulation; selectable sampling rates of 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 96kHz
- Characteristic: outputs may be set for flat orpre-emphasized response in FM mode.
Program Signal Latency (Delay)1.5ms in bypass, 3ms analog I/O, 3.5ms digital I/O (typical)
Network PortTCP/IP network connection (RJ45) for remote setup/operation and in/out audio streaming; full support for SNMP control
GPIO Ports3 GPI, 3 GPO with assignable functions and logic polarity
Headphone JackFront-panel (TRS) 3.5mm
Internal Test Tone Generator20Hz - 20kHz; variable frequency and level
AlarmsLocal (GPIO) closures, browser interface, SNMP and SMS/email alarms for analog, digital and stream audio loss; maintains daily, weekly, monthly logs
SchedulerDayparting or ‘signature’ processing (e.g. talent microphone) is simplified with an onboard real-time clock and setup-preset programming.
- AGC: ±15dB capture range; gated with dual-rate ‘windowed’ operation
- Leveling: variable ‘syllabic’ 2:1 compression
- EQ: 4-sections of parametric equalization
- Bass ‘Punch’: variable bass enhancement
- Compression: 3-bands with selectable crossovers, variable master and individual band drive controls, plus r.m.s./peak ‘density’ adjustment
- Final Peak Control: no-clip feed-forward wideband limiting with independent high frequency protection for FM mode
Power Requirement12VDC at 280mA (2.1mm x 5.5mm coaxial); inline switchmode power supply included
Mounting OptionsAn optional rack adapter mounts one or two NOVIA or other Inovonics half-rack units in a standard 19-inch, 1U rack space.
Size and Weight1.6”H x 8”W x 6”D; 5 lbs. shipping weight
EnvironmentalContinuous operation at ambient temperatures between 32ºF/0ºC and 122ºF/50ºC; 0-95% relative humidity, non-condensing, altitudes to 10,000ft/3,048m.
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)