Inovonics JUSTIN 808
HD Delay Processor
Inovonics’ JUSTIN 808 maintains time alignment between analog FM and HD1 channels to within 23 microseconds (±1 sample). No more lost words, stuttering, echoes, or level shifts. The entire sync process is 100% automatic. Nothing for you to do but sit back and watch in awe as it does its thing.
The JUSTIN 808 uses your actual off-air signal and powerful auto-correlation algorithms to keep analog and digital modes faultlessly in step, hour after hour, day after day.
- Precise time alignment between analog FM and HD1
- Automatic phase correction and RMS gain leveling
- Insert in either the FM or HD Radio AES digital feed
- Full Web interface for remote control, metering, etc.
- SMS/email alarms for loss of signal and loss of audio
- Extensive data logging with graphic display
- Auto failover with relay bypass
- Receiver Input75-ohm ‘F’ connector. Receiver tunes 87.5 to 107.9MHz in 200kHz steps. An RF input level of 20dBμV or more assures reliable operation.
- AES Digital Audio I/O:AES3 (XLR) digital audio loop-through; 44.1kHz sampling rate
- Network Interface: LAN (RJ45) connection to local network and through user’s router to Internet for full Web Interface remote control and monitoring.
- PLACEMENT IN AIRCHAIN
- In HD Radio AES Audio Feed:Placed in line with the AES audio feed to the HD Radio exciter, the JUSTIN 808 will automatically correct diversity delay errors and r.m.s. level errors between the FM and HD1 programs
- In Analog FM AES Audio Feed:Placed in line with the AES audio feed to the analog FM stereo encoder, the JUSTIN 808 is capable of providing the entire diversity delay, if required. It will automatically correct diversity delay errors, but cannot normalize r.m.s. level errors between the two programs.
- DELAY CORRECTION
- Correction Resolution:Corrects to ±1 sample (±23 μs)
- Maximum Delay Error Correction:16 seconds
- Time Required to Correlate Delay Errors:Small delay errors (up to 0.4 seconds) require up to 30 seconds to correlate; delay errors of 10 seconds could require as much as 3.5 minutes.
- Time Required to Correct Delay Errors:Correction rate is user-programmable between 1 and 1000 samples per second (23μs/sec to 23ms/sec).
- “Catch-Up” Button Feature:A front-panel menu item, also accessible via the Web Interface, permits a manual time alignment quick reset to a previous long-term mean value. This obviates correlation acquisition and brings time alignment close to the required figure.
- AUDIO LEVEL & PHASE CORRECTION:The JUSTIN 808 offers automatic program phase correction when a phase reversal is sensed between the analog FM and digital HD1 program channels. R.M.S. level correction is also available when the JUSTIN 808 is placed in the AES digital audio feed to the HD Radio exciter.
- ALARMS AND LOGGING
- Alarm Conditions:RSSI (Low RF signal)
- Audio Loss or Levels Out of Range
- a. AES Loop-Through
- b. Off-air FM Audio
- c. Off-air HD1 Audio
- Out of Alignment Range (user preset)
- Alarm Indications:1. Front-panel OLED display
- 2. Rear-panel ground-closure ‘tallies’ with selectable logic polarity
- 3. SMS-text/email notifications via SMTP
- 4. JUSTIN 808 Webpage indication
- Alarm Logging:All alarms are logged by the JUSTIN 808; statistics are presented graphically via the Web Interface and may be downloaded for follow-up study.
- WEB INTERFACE:The JUSTIN 808 Web Interface is compatible with desktop/laptop computers, tablets and smart phones, and supports SNMP with a downloadable MIB file. All functions available at the front panel are duplicated by the Web Interface.
- Power Requirements:105 - 130VAC or 210 - 260VAC, 50/60Hz; 20 watts
- Size and Weight:1¾”H x 19”W x 9”D (1U); 10 lbs. (shipping weight)
- Environmental:0°C - 50°C operating temperature range; 95% noncondensing relative humidity; up to 3000 meters AMSL
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)