Winner of RW Best of Show at NAB 2018. The 732 takes RDS to a new level with all the tools necessary to ensure an engaging and dynamic RDS presence. It connects to virtually any automation playout system. Control via remote Web interface or front-panel OLED. Email alarms & SNMP.
The 732 Advanced Dynamic RDS Encoder takes RDS to a new level, adding greater functionality and incorporating the latest RDS technology.
The 732 the provides all the tools broadcasters need to ensure an engaging and dynamic RDS presence. It connects with virtually any playout system, broadcasting song title, artist information, station ID’s and much more to listener radios. With enhanced RT+ tagging with variable replacement capability.
The 732 is controlled in real-time via a dynamic Web interface or through a large front panel OLED display with easy to navigate menus. Email alarms for pilot loss and DPS/RT not updating. SNMP support. Firmware is remotely updatable via webserver.
RDS Applications Supported
- PS (Program Service Name) An 8-character station ‘street name’ or 128-character scrolling message (song info, promos, advertising, etc.)
- PI (Program Identification) 732 automatically calculates PI codes for the US and Canada
- PTY (Program Type) Identifies your station’s format
- Supports EAS Messages and Alerts over RDS
- PTYN (Program Type Name) A further refinement of your type or style of programming
- TP / TA (Traffic Program / Traffic Announcement) A utility that calls attention to critical traffic or other emergency situations. Some RDS radios automatically retune to these announcements, even overriding CD or MP3 playback
- AF (Alternative Frequencies) Up to 25 frequency entries for rebroadcast ‘translators.’
- RT (RadioText) A 64-character block of plain-text messaging that can be called-up on the faceplate of some RDS radios. RadioText is separate from, and in addition to, scrolling-PS messages
- RT+ (RadioText Plus) An updated standard for song info display
- CT (Clock Time and Date) The 732 sends time to RDS radios. The feature is set and updated automatically with an Internet connection
- DI (Decoder Information) The mono/stereo data flag
- M/S (Music/Speech Switch) The mixed-music or speech-only data flag
Up to thirty, PS, RadioText messages, or commands may be programmed for transmission at specified times on prearranged dates or recurring days of the week.
RDS Data Delay
Scrolling-PS, RT and RT+ message updates may be delayed in 1-second increments up to 200 seconds to match profanity and transmission diversity delays.
MPX Or Pilot Input
An unbalanced, bridging (BNC) input accepts either the composite/multiplex (MPX) signal (5V p-p, max.) or 19kHz TTL level pilot sync from the stereo generator. The 732 reverts to an internal crystal timebase for monaural transmissions.
An unbalanced, 75-ohm (BNC) outputs the RDS subcarrier to feed a RDS/SCA input.
RDS + MPX Output
The RDS subcarrier (at 1/3rd the level of the RDS Output) is internally mixed with the MPX input and the combined signal appears at the encoder output at unity gain.
RDS Injection Level
Subcarrier level is adjustable from zero to 3.7V p-p.
Front-Panel Data Entry
The front-panel OLED and jog wheel allow on-site setup of all operating parameters.
Serial Data Port
A rear-panel RS-232 connector (DB-9) accepts static encoder programming and dynamic messaging from station automation. The 732 accommodates all common data rates between 300 and 115,200 baud.
LAN (IP-Network) Port
A rear-panel Network connector (RJ-45) conforms to TCP/IP networking protocols. Two TCP ports and two UDP port are provided connectivity from multiple data sources.
A built in HTTP server provides control and monitoring of all settings. Firmware updates can be uploaded directly to the unit.
SNMP support allows control and monitoring of all settings.
Emails can be sent for various alarm conditions.
The temporary TA flag is set either by a software command or with a contact closure through a rear-panel terminal strip. The 732 features a programmable TA-timeout utility to preclude TA flag violations.
88VAC-264VAC, 48Hz-63Hz; (‘universal’); 12W
Size and Weight
· 23” x 16” x 2” (2U); 8 lbs
· 584mm x 406mm x 51mm ; 3.6 kg