Paradiso Lite is a commentators’ box for 3 commentators. It can be used by itself to provide the commentary facilities alongside an OB truck for small events or multiple Paradiso Lites can be used at large events that require Worldwide broadcast coverage.
Audio links between the Paradiso and other equipment are by Dante (AES67 compliant) complete with redundant copper links. Analogue I/O and AES3 I/O are also provided directly from the unit for local connections and / or another layer of redundancy.
The Paradiso Lite has been designed to be intuitive & easy to use for Commentators who would rather be talking about the game than working out how the equipment works, and is also built to our exacting rugged & robust standard to make it a reliable piece of broadcast equipment for the busy engineer.
8 off Audio Volume Controls for Each Commentators with Pan
On the top panel are 24 rotary headphone volume encoders. Internally they are connected to a DSP matrix and the sources can be set depending upon your preference.
At the top of the front panel on the right hand side is a row of clear bright yellow LEDs. When an encoder is turned to adjust the volume, this row of LEDs illuminate to show the current position of that encoder. When the encoder is used to adjust the pan of the source then this row of LEDs illuminate with a single LED indicating the current panned position.
Turning the encoder adjusts the volume, and simultaneously pressing down and turning the encoder adjusts the pan.
Peak Programme Meter (PPM)
The source of the PPM can be customised but is normally the outgoing programme mix. When a front panel gain control is adjusted the PPM automatically shows just the level from that input.
Robust Mic on and Talkback Buttons
There are 4 off round bright illuminated talkback buttons and 1 large square illuminated mic on button for each of the 3 commentators. The audio circuits that the outputs of these switches are routed to can be fully configured. The operation of these switches (momentary, latching etc) and the interaction of these switches (i.e. pressing a talkback switch mutes the main mic) can be fully configured by the windows 10 app.
There are 3 balanced audio inputs one for each commentator. Each of these inputs can be selected to accept a Microphone or Line level source. 48V phantom power can be turned on if in microphone mode.
A very high quality remote controlled microphone amplifier has been used followed by an exceptional analogue to digital converter to make the audio quality the best that it can possibly be.
The gain control is a rotary encoder with a clear plastic shaft. When the gain control is operated the front panel PPM automatically solos the source to allow unambiguous gain settings. The clear plastic shaft has an internal red LED that is illuminated if an input level is close to clipping, thus allowing quick diagnostics of a gain level that has been set too high.
Intelligent Headphone Output Circuits
Our unique intelligent headphone output circuits automatically adjust the output level to suit both high and low impedance headphones. Traditional broadcast high impedance headphones require a large output level to produce enough volume in the headphones, whereas low impedance headphones require much less level to produce a proportional output level. This means that whatever headphones you connect to the Paradiso you’ll have enough audio output for even the loudest of environments.
Plus our headphone amplifiers can accept mono as well as stereo headphones.
In addition to the three commentators’ inputs there is a 4th ‘Auxiliary’ Input. This is provided on a stereo 3.5mm jack socket and is suitable for connection to the outputs of domestic recording devices such as a mobile phone.
Redundant Powering Options
The Pardiso can be powered from any of 4 different sources:
1) Wide range Mains Input (suitable fo Worlwide use)
2) PoE on the Primary CAT5 Network link
3) PoE on the Secondary CAT5 Network link
4) External 12V DC
Primary & Secondary Copper Network Connections with PoE
Two CAT6 connections on Neutrik Ethercons (that accept standard networking cables) are provided to allow copper connections to local network switches to carry the Dante / AES67 audio. Two connections are fitted to allow redundant circuits to be used if required.
Both these connectors can accept a PoE power source for providing the power to the Paradiso Lite.
Analogue Inputs & Outputs
Five analogue inputs and outputs are provided for backup or local I/O purposes. These circuits are routed internally via the DSP and therefore can be routed to and from any location including Dante circuits required.
AES & GPIO
A D9 socket provides 4 general purpose input / outputs (GPIO) for connection to red lights, TB systems or external switches. The same D9 socket also has an AES3 input & output circuit for further audio connectivity.
- Dante (AES67 compliant) commentary box for 3 users
- System is scalable with multiple Paradisos as part of a large Dante network
- Can connect to any Dante/ AES67 compatible device
- 32 audio circuits on / off the Dante / AES67 network
- 5 analogue inputs and outputs
- 1 AES3 (2 channels) of inputs & outputs
- Ultra low noise mic/line/48v inputs
- Our popular Referee compressor/limiter keeps even the loudest commentator sounding natural
- 3 Headphone amplifiers each with 8 associated headphone volume controls
- Each headphone input has panning between left / right ear
- Each commentator has 4 talkback circuits
- Multiple power options including PoE, Mains & External DC
- Network connections on Copper (Cat5 Ethercon)
- Primary & Secondary network connections allowing completely transparent network redundancy
- Large bright PPM level meter
- Row of yellow LEDs on front panel indicate position of front panel volume / pan controls
- Remote control via Windows 10 app for setup and live controls
- GPIO (General purpose inputs/outputs) interface for interaction with talkback systems or studio red lights
DANTE Audio Network
- AES67 Compliant
- Multi channel, digital media network technology
- Offers compatibility with hundreds of systems from other manufacturers
- Scalable from a pair up to thousands of channels
- Fully redundant glitch free audio transport
Fully Redundant Copper Network Connections
If an IP link fails you have no broadcast! Our system provides fully redundant glitch free audio & data transport across any of the 2 copper network interfaces.
Automatic Adjustment For High or Low Impedance Headphones
Our unique headphone amplifiers automatically provide the correct drive level to high or low impedance headphones.
Instinctive Mic Gain Setting Information
When adjusting a mic’s input gain, the PPM automatically changes to display just the level of mic input currently being altered.
Multiple Power Sources
For complete failsafe redundancy the Paradiso can be powered from any of the following sources: PoE (2 off), Wide Range Mains or external DC.
Local Analogue & AES3 I/O
For 100% reliability local analogue & AES3 I/O is provided as complementary audio connectivity to the network audio.
Referee Compressor/ Limiter
Glensound’s World renowned Referee compressor limiter system keeps even the loudest commentators sounding great.
GlenControler remote control/ setup application allows hundreds of different parameters of the Paradiso to configured to meet the users requirements.
- Comprehensive commentary unit
- Suitable for 3 commentators on 1 programme or 3 separate programmes
- Glitch free redundant Dante network audio
- Two copper network interfaces
- Multiple power sources (PoE x 2), Mains & DC
- Best microphone amplifiers available
- Local analogue and AES3 inputs & outputs for extra redundancy
- Includes our much revered Referee compressor/ limiter
- Windows 10 app for remote control & setup
TRU Price Guarantee
(Subject to conditions)