Use of wideband design techniques means that the frequency setting is easily achieved using easily accessible switches with no further tuning required. The frequency can also be remotely controlled via the RS232 or TCP/IP ports on the rear of the unit. The XE70 uses a unique ultra linear modulator to give superb sound reproduction with freedom from overshoots and artefacts. The modulator also features a precision TCXO for exceptional frequency stability. The PA Section in the XE70 uses the world renowned heat dissipating “fresh-air-tunnel” concept. The fan provides cooling to the specially designed heat sink with a stream of air that needs no filtering, saving on routine filter replacements.
The XE70 will operate into any load without damage thanks to its VSWR cut back circuit that protects the power amplifier stage from adverse operating conditions. The XE70 front panel LCD metering shows forward and reflected power together with internal voltages, temperature and the modulation level. Quick view LED’s show advanced status information including CPU ok, system normal, modulation status and external mute. The PA section also has LED’s which show forward, reverse, temperature and CPU status. The addition of the unique modulation alarm, gives broadcasters alarm status outputs and indications that will show loss of audio or over modulation. A front panel monitor point for RF output is provided, as is a fully buffered baseband monitor for accurate monitoring of the modulator input. The rear panel includes a remote control/monitoring socket that allows carrier muting and status signalling to an external system, additionally data sockets are provided for use with systems that have the ability to control exciters via RS232 or TCP/IP. The XE70 is fully compatible with N+1 systems, with remote frequency selection being achieved by either RS232/TCPIP interface or rear panel logic selection of up to 6 preset frequencies. Very conservatively rated components and a switch mode power supply are used to ensure extremely high reliability and to give good efficiency. A comprehensive range of input options is available.
- Frequency Range:87.5 to 108MHz in 50kHz steps
- Frequency Stability:< ± 200Hz
- Power Output:>70W adjustable
- Harmonic and spurious output:< -75dBc (9kHz to 1GHz)
- Spurious outputs:< -85dBc (87.5MHz to 137MHz @ greater than 500kHz removed from carrier)
- Synchronous Noise:0.3% @ ± 40kHz deviation (excluding pilot) at a modulation frequency of 400Hz
- Input sensitivity:+ 8dBu (adjustable) for ± 67.5kHz deviation: 5.5V peak to peak
- MPX Response:< ± 0.2dB (5Hz – 15kHz)
- AF THD (multiplex version) Power Supply (AC):< 0.1% @ ± 67.5kHz deviation over 40Hz to 10kHz
- Power Supply (AC):88- 264VAC, 47 – 63Hz
- Power Supply (DC):Options for nominal 12VDC, 24VDC and 48VDC
- Dimensions:1U with 500mm intrusion to rack (incl. connectors)