Use of wide-band design techniques means that the frequency setting is easily achieved using easily accessible switches with no further tuning required. The XE30 uses a unique ultra linear modulator to give superb sound reproduction with freedom from overshoots and artefacts. The modulator also features a precision TCXO for exceptional frequency stability.
The XE30 will operate into any load without damage thanks to its VSWR cut back circuit that protects the power amplifier stage from adverse operating conditions. The XE30 front panel LCD metering allows selection of output forward and reverse power, frequency, heat sink temperature and any optional base-band input module settings. Selected screen also shows any relating fault or condition (‘Low’, ‘High’, ‘Muted’, ‘Interlock’, ‘Phase Lock Fail’, Fan Fail’ etc).
Also provided are: green/red pass/fail led indicators of system normal and CPU status plus a green/red/amber indicator of mute/interlock status. A front panel monitor point for RF output is provided. The rear panel includes a remote control/monitoring socket that allows carrier muting and status signalling to an external system. Additionally TCP/IP, (option /T) or RS232, (option /A) interfaces are available. Conservatively rated components are used to ensure extremely high reliability and to give good efficiency. Variants of the XE30 are available with the choice of Universal AC, 12VDC, 24VDC, or 48VDC supply input.
The XE30 comes as standard with a composite and SCA/RDS with a further comprehensive range available.
- Frequency Range:87.5 to 108MHz in 50kHz steps
- Frequency Stability:< ± 200Hz
- Power Output:3W to 30W adjustable
- Harmonic and spurious output:< -75dBc (9kHz to 1GHz)
- Spurious outputs:< -85dBc (87.5MHz to 137MHz @ greater than 500kHz removed from carrier)
- Synchronous Noise:0.3% @ ± 40kHz deviation (excluding pilot) at a modulation frequency of 400Hz
- Input sensitivity:+ 8dBu (adjustable) for ± 67.5kHz deviation: 5.5V peak to peak
- MPX Response:< ± 0.2dB (5Hz – 15kHz)
- AF THD (multiplex version) Power Supply (AC):< 0.1% @ ± 67.5kHz deviation over 40Hz to 10kHz
- Power Supply (AC):88- 264VAC, 47 – 63Hz
- Power Supply (DC):Options for nominal 12VDC, 24VDC and 48VDC
- Dimensions:1U with 500mm intrusion to rack (incl. connectors)