The World’s Most Advanced IP Codec.
Available in a 2RU studio rackmount and compact mixer version, both with the capability to use public IP networks and mobile phone data services for high quality, trouble free audio transmission. The Z/IP does this automatically with minimal setup and very little delay. The connection is nearly bulletproof and traverses firewalls and NATs. The Z/IP Mixer combines the versatility of the Zephyr/IP rackmount with the utility of a digital four-channel stereo mixer, all in a rugged, road-ready portable chassis.
Agile Connection Technology (ACT), a Telos exclusive, is the foundation for the Z/IP's excellent performance on real-world networks. It delivers reliable audio despite varying network conditions, and without the need for user intervention. The Z/IP dynamically adapts to the network, minimizing the effects of packet loss and jitter. It combines state-of-the-art loss detection and concealment, dynamic buffering, and auto-varying bitrate functions. When the network is well-behaved, you will benefit from the lowest possible delay and the highest possible fidelity. Should network conditions become challenging, the Z/IP automatically responds by lowering the bitrate and increasing the buffer length, doing everything possible to ensure audio makes it to your studio reliably.
In addition to wired IP connections, all Z/IP models are wireless capable. Using standard USB wireless devices, the Z/IP can connect to IP networks via Wi-Fi, EVDO, UMTS, just to name a few. With ACT, the Z/IP uses every bit of the available bandwidth for the best audio performance.
The Telos Z/IP Server enables Z/IP users to dial other Z/IPs by name, traverse NATs automatically, visualize the connection path on a world map and display the live status of Z/IPs in their speed dial list. (The Z/IP Server service is provided by Telos at no charge to Z/IP customers.)
The Zephyr/IP introduces a new codec based on low delay AAC. Advanced Audio Coding-Enhanced Low Delay (AAC-ELD) combines excellent fidelity at low bitrates, nearly inaudible loss concealment, with very little delay. This produces superior audio for two-way applications over uncontrolled IP networks.
The Z/IP has a high-resolution, information-rich interface with context-sensitive on-screen help. Easily configured with the full VGA display, or web browser, the Z/IP is out-of-the-box ready. The display provides you with network conditions in an intuitive color coded format.
The Z/IP is compatible with a variety of VoIP devices. Using the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for signaling, an open standard for establishing VoIP connections, and a set of commonly used codecs, the Zephyr/IP has unsurpassed compatibility. It can register and accept calls from compatible PBXs. In addition to AAC-ELD, the Z/IP can use AAC-HE, MPEG Layer 2, G.711, G.722 and linear PCM codecs.
The 2RU Z/IP and Z/IP Mixer are Livewire ready and ready to accept and provide audio to any of your other Livewire devices.
• Wired Ethernet • Session Initiation Protocol 2.0 (SIP) Direct or via Proxy Server.
• Wireless Wi-Fi, EVDO, UMTS • Agile Connection Technology.
• WiFi adapter included
Codecs Agile Connection Technology
• AAC-ELD • Dial-By-Name, Group Speed Dial.
• AAC-HE • NAT / Firewall Traversal
• MPEG Layer 2 • IP Address Resolution
• G.711 • Media Relay
• G.722 • Adaptive Bitrate, Dynamic Buffering, Jitter Correction, Packet Loss Concealment.
• Linear PCM
• 2RU Studio Rackmount • 2RU Portable
• Full-VGA Display • Full-VGA Display
• Information-Rich Interface • Information-Rich Interface
• Contextual On-Screen Help • Contextual On-Screen Help
• Remote Configuration and Control via Web Browser.
• Remote Configuration and Control via Web Browser.
• Analog I/O (balanced XLR) • Analog I/O (balanced XLR)
• Headphone Jack • Headphone Jack
• RS-232 Serial • RS-232 Serial
• USB • USB
• Livewire • Livewire
• AES-EBU Digital
- New AAC-ELD (Advanced Audio Coding - Enhanced Low Delay) Codec.
- New Telos ACT (Agile Connection Technology).
- Effective Packet Loss Concealment.
- Audio I/O via AES/EBU, analog and Axia Livewire IP-Audio interface.
- Studio-grade 24-bit A-to-D and D-to-A converters.
- Ethernet and USB connections.
- Works directly with high-speed mobile phone data networks via an EVDO USB modem.
- WiFi connectivity to any WiFi hotspot - WiFi adapter included.
- Transmission bitrates from 18 kbps to 256 kbps.
- High-resolution, information-rich interface with context-sensitive on-screen help.
- Full-VGA display screen displays network conditions in an intuitive color-coded graphics format.
- Support of selected wireless devices, as well as UMTS devices.
- Telos-hosted Z/IP Server enables lookup of, and connection to, other Zephyr/IP users worldwide through firewalls and Network Address Translation (NAT) devices.
- Dial by name.
- Compatible with Telos Zephyr Xstream.
- Supports SIP, G.711, G.722, MPEG Layer 2.
- Web server for remote configuration and remote control.
Z/IP Mixer Additional Features
- Digital stereo mixer with four mic / line switchable inputs.
- Main mixer stage feeds codec directly.
- Selectable AGC / limiter processing presets by Omnia®.
- Built-in 48-volt Phantom power for two mic inputs.
- Two separate local headphone mixes can monitor send or receive audio, or both.