The ASI6522 and ASI6520 are professional PCI sound cards designed for use in radio broadcast automation.
Providing 4 or 6 play streams that are mixed to 2 balanced stereo outputs and 2 or 4 record streams fed from 2 balanced stereo inputs, the ASI6522 and ASI6520 feature AudioScience’s unique “anything to anywhere” mixing and routing.
The ASI6522 provides both balanced analog and AES/EBU inputs and outputs. The ASI6520 has analog I/O only. The maximum analog input and output level is +24dBu.
A choice of uncompressed PCM, MPEG layer 2 and MP3 is available for both recording and playback. All compression is handled by an on-board floating point DSP, allowing the host computer to focus on other tasks.
ASI6522 and ASI6520 functionality includes MRX multi-rate mixing technology which allows streams of different sample rates and formats to be mixed digitally. TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of any or all playback streams in real time with no change in pitch.
- 4 or 6 stereo streams of playback into 2 stereo outputs
- 2 or 4 stereo streams of record from 2 stereo inputs
- PCM, MPEG-L2 and MP3 formats with sample rates to 96kHz
- MRX™ technology supports mixing of multiple formats and rates
- TSX™ time scaling by up to +/-20%
- Balanced stereo analog I/O with levels to +24dBu<
- 24bit ADC and DAC with 110dB SNR and 0.0015% THD+N
- AES/EBU I/O with sample rate converters on all inputs (ASI6522 only)
- SoundGuard™ transient voltage suppression on all I/O
- Short length PCI card format (6.6 inches/168mm
- Up to 4 cards in one system
- Windows 7, XP, Server 2008/2003, and Linux software drivers available