The ASI5308, ASI5316, and ASI6316 are professional PCI Express CobraNet sound cards designed for use in the installed sound and entertainment markets.
Using Cirrus Logic's CobraNet technology for streaming audio over Ethernet, the ASI5308 provides 8 channels of CobraNet receive and transmit and the ASI5316/ASI6316 provides 16 channels of CobraNet receive and transmit. They can be connected to any CobraNet-compliant device and have dual-redundant CobraNet interfaces.
The ASI5308, ASI5316, and ASI6316 are based on the TMS320C6713 VLIW floating point DSP connected to a high-speed bus-master PCI Express interface.
AudioScience's MRX technology allows up to 8 (ASI5308) or 16 (ASI5316/ASI6316) streams of different formats and sample rates to be played, recorded, and mixed over CobraNet. For the ASI5308/ASI5316, a choice of 8, 16, 24, and 32bit PCM is available on all streams. For the ASI6316, a choice of PCM, MP3, or MPEG layer 2 compression is available on all streams.
AudioScience provides ASIControl, an application that allows CobraNet routing connections to be set up between the ASI5308, ASI5316, and ASI6316 and any other compliant CobraNet device on the network. Alternatively, third party CobraNet design and management software may be used.
- 8 24bit (ASI5308) or 16 24bit (ASI5316/ASI6316) CobraNet inputs and outputs on 100Mbit Ethernet operating at 48kHz with dual RJ45 connectors
- 8 (ASI5308) or 16 (ASI5316/ASI6316) streams of playback and 8 (ASI5308) or 16 (ASI5316/ASI6316) streams of record
- Formats include PCM (ASI5308/ASI5316/ASI6316) and PCM, MPEG layer 2, and MP3 (ASI6316)
- Dedicated Word clock Sync input and output (selectable)*
- Intercard Sync to support exactly aligned channels of ASIO audio*
- Serial bridge exposed as a USB header*
- MRX technology supports recording, playing and mixing of multiple stream formats and sample rates
- TSX time scaling allows compression/expansion of play steams by up to +/-20% with no pitch shift
- Low Profile PCIe card allows use in 2U high rackmount computers
- Up to 8 cards in one system
- Windows 7, XP, Server 2008/2003, Linux, and OS X software drivers available
* Available in driver 4.06 and later.