The Echo is a hand-held Vector Impedance Analyzer (Vector Network Analyzer), Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter, and Frequency Domain Reflectometer (FDR) in one instrument.
Echo models come in frequency ranges of 4MHz-to-1.0GHz or 4MHz-to-2.5GHz.
The VIA Echo Network Analyzer was designed for performing antenna testing and tuning, transmission line testing and fault locating,
cellular site turn-up testing and troubleshooting. It can be used for individual component testing, system or network testing.
In a production environment Echo can be used to verify components and assemblies the same as equivalent Agilent (old HP) Network
Analyzers at a fraction of the cost.
The VIA Echo’s all come with two ports, S11 and S21, to perform both reflective and loss/gain measurements.
The full suit of test parameters in the Echo instruments are:
- “Belt Friendly” at 2.1 lbs (923 grams) including softcase, batteries and test leads
- USB communication to PC
- Spectrum analyzer and FDR *
- Software makes PC uploads and archiving traces easy
- Simultaneously view two separate plots with different scales
- S11 and S21 test ports
- Quarter VGA backlit LCD
- Operates on AC or AA Alkaline or NiMH batteries
- MRI version is low magnetic
- Large numeric display in CW mode
- Internal NiMH or NiCd recharger
- Cable/Fixture Nulling.
- Automatic Calibration and Self-test.
- 250 memory slots for both plot storage and setup data
In addition to being a 1.0GHz or 2.5GHz Network Analyzer, the Echo is light at 2.2lbs (1Kg), compact, rugged, and weather resistant.
It is portable and operates about 3 hours on a single charge. It has a backlit quarter VGA display that can show any two measurements bother graphically and digitally and a third measurement digitally only. Echo is self-calibrating and has a “Cable Null” feature, user friendly menus, and comes complete with a calibration load set.
Supporting Software - Echo PC Vision is supplied with every Echo to upload, customize, save, and print test results. Echo can be operated in remote control via the USB 2.0 connection with Echo PC Vision or upload any of 250 tests stored in its memory.
Echo PC Vision adds full color graphics, Smith Chart and Spectrum Analyzer views with color markers
All Echo models include: AC-DC Wall power adapter, kit Soft Carrying Case with strand hook and shoulder strap, USB cable, N male Termination load set, Quick Start Guide and CD with Echo PC Vision Software, Operators Manual, and Theory and Application Notes.
Optional Accessories include: Hard Carrying Case and Calibration Certificate. Click on “ACCESSORIES” at the bottom of the page for detailed description and part numbers.
- Range: 4.0 MHz to 1.0 GHz & 4.0 MHz to 2.5 GHz
- Display Resolutions: 1 KHz up to 1.1 GHz, 10 KHz for 1.1GHz-2.5GHz
- Measurement speed: ~2 sweeps / second
- Frequency display width: 250 points x N x resolution (N=intiger)
- Impedance Range: 2 to 2000 Ohms
- Impedance plotting scales: 0 to 50 Ohms min, 0 to 2000 ohms max
- Impedance Formats: Resistance, reactance, Z, Z angle, SWR, return loss , S11 vector
- Phase angle plotting scales: +/- 15 to +/- 180 degrees
- Harmonic and spurious: > 15dB below fundamental
- Output power: ~ +0dBm @ 50 Ohms
- Power requirements: 90-240VAC 50-60Hz AC power for charging
- Antenna connector: `N` Type S11 & S21
- Size: 8.5” x 4.3” x 2.25” (216 x 109 x 57mm)
- Weight: 2 lb 1 oz (923grams) with softcase and batteries
- Cursors: 2
- Memory: 250 Tests Results/Instrument Setups
- Display: Qtr VGA Backlit LCD 280 x 156 pixels
- Communications: USB 2.0 Port
- Internal Power: 8 AA NiMH (included), Alternate alkalines or NiCd batteries
- External Power: 15VDC @ 800mA
- Environmental: Splash and dust resistant
- Drop Resistance: MilStd 810F Transit Drop, 48 inches (122cm)